Welcome to the Exploring New Horizons Outdoor Schools at Loma Mar Website! We are so excited that you are coming to the redwood forest for a week of outdoor school.
Our school is located along the beautiful Pescadero Creek, and is bordered by Memorial County Park and Pescadero Creek County Park. While you are here you will meet an old growth redwood tree named ‘Big Red,’ discover what’s living in the tidepools at Pigeon Point Lighthouse and Pescadero Marsh and explore our beautiful organic garden.
You will also get to hold a chicken, dance at the Barnyard Boogie, sing a bunch of cool songs, kiss a banana slug and a whole lot more!
Here is some information about our outdoor school and what you will be doing while you are here.
- Explore the tidepool, marsh, and rocky shore along our coast
- Learn about the old growth redwoods while hiking on site and in two County Parks
- Explore and work with the plants, chickens and ducks in the organic garden
- Work together to complete fun and exciting team challenges
- Sing songs about decomposition, adaptations, and the food chain
- The Town Hall Meeting, in which you will debate and vote on a development issue
- The Barnyard Boogie, where you will learn dances with our live band!
- The Night Hike, in which you will go for a hike at night and learn about astronomy
- Skit Night, where you will perform skits on the campfire stage!
- Each evening ends with a campfire where naturalists sing songs and tell stories
For more information about our program please ask your teacher or click here.
Take Care and see you soon!